Saturday, February 16, 2008

Gone Missing

My life is a smorgasbord of activities lately. I have a lot more homework than I have done in the last 9 months of my life, and it has been interesting getting back in the swing of things. I have spring sing practice quite often, but every week practices are at different times, days, and locations. Every Friday I have my house cleaning job, and scattered throughout my week I will occasionally babysit or have my leisurely activities. But here is what really gets me, my work study job. It is the easiest job you could ask for. I am a receptionist and all I do is sit at a desk and do homework. Sometimes I have to hand out keys or vacuums to girls who are desperate for my services, but mostly I remain unbothered and quite productive. My times during the week are set, unless we have to switch in the invasive spring sing practice gets in the way of our already routinely schedules lives. This mess in my routine equals a mess in my head and I get confused about the hours I switch….just one more thing to keep track of. Every other weekend I work at this desk and I sign up for my hours. I am usually quite good about keeping track of work and being faithful to my duties, always on time, the person everyone can count on… This week however, with three tests, an average of 4 hours of sleep a night, a couple of spring sing practices including a lock-in, and a lot of switching hours, I have already been late and/or skipped work twice!!!!! I don’t know where my head has gone, but I feel as though this week I have gone missing.

No comments: